5. A horse’s teeth take up a larger amount of space in their head than their brain. (Source: LiveScience)
6. You can generally tell the difference between male and female horses by their number of teeth: males have 40 while females have 36 (but honestly, most us are going to use the much “easier” way).
7. Horse hooves are made from the same protein that comprises human hair and fingernails. (Source: Ker)
8. The horse trailer (“horse box”) was invented by Lord George Bentinck, a U.K. man who needed a more effective transport for getting his six horses from one racetrack to another.
9. In 1872, Leland Stanford (1824-1893) made a bet that at some point in the gallop all four of a horse’s legs are off the ground at the same time. Eadweard Muybridge (1830-1904) proved him right by using a series of 24 cameras and photographing a racehorse named Sallie Gardner. (Source: HorseswithAmie
10. Horses are more secure and comfortable when trailering if they can face the rear, but they prefer openings. (Source: Animal People News)