Cloud is widely used metaphor for the Internet. This term means virtual space and capacity which is meant for sharing information by using internet connectivity through satellite over the globe. And hence, cloud symbols are now often used to portray the Internet on diagrams.
Cloud computing, refers to sharing resources, software, and information via a network, i.e. through internet. All this knowledge and information is stored on physical servers. These servers are maintained and controlled by a cloud computing provider, such as Google in reference to Google Drive. As a user, one can access stored information on the cloud via the Internet.
By using cloud storage, one doesn’t need to store information on any hard disk. Instead, anyone can access the cloud data from any location and can download it to any device available for it, including laptop, tablets and smartphones. Also file editing in Microsoft word and excel files can be done in parallel
There are different types of cloud computing services available to suit different needs. While some cater to individual users who want photos, documents, and videos, others to store and are destined for companies that need extensive platforms to develop IT applications and store huge organisation data which can be accessible worldwide any time anywhere if anybody needs that data to access for reference and work.
Similarly for hospitality industry also its import and safe also to save all data and reports everything on cloud so that hassle of getting delayed and miss placed is not there .also easily accessible all around the world for reference and quick use of the same to get patient checked and all this system leads to time saving and comfort of patient and hospital management too
Concept and application:
Benefits of cloud computing
Cloud computing is a big shift from the traditional way businesses think about IT resources.
It basically eliminates the extra cost of buying hardware’s, software and setting up cost also the place required and safety issues like of theft.
With just a few clicks all data can be uploaded and can be retrieve so that it saves time and authenticity of data .hence making overall system more flexible.
3. Global scale
The benefits of cloud computing services include the ability to scale elastically i.e. power, storage, bandwidth—right when it’s needed and from the right geographic location.
Cloud computing removes the need of racking and stacking so IT teams can spend time on achieving more important business goals.
The biggest cloud computing services run on a worldwide network of secure datacentres, which are regularly upgraded to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. .
Cloud computing makes data backup, disaster recovery and business continuity easier and less expensive, because data can be mirrored at multiple redundant sites on the cloud provider’s network.
1. Worldwide Access. Cloud computing increases mobility, as you can access your documents from any device in any part of the world. For businesses, this means that employees can work from home or on business trips, without having to carry around documents. This increases productivity and allows faster exchange of information. Employees can also work on the same document without having to be in the same place.
2. More Storage. In Earlier times memory was limited and if space is not left then USB was needed. Cloud computing thus supplement with extra storage,
3. Easy Set-Up. Immediate starting of resources, software and information which are saved on cloud .hence can set up a cloud computing service in a matter of minutes.
4. Automatic Updates. This helps in saving lot of time in updating and downloading the applications and data saved on cloud, which is available hands on to use.
5. Reduced Cost. Cloud computing is often inexpensive but in long run n data security pointwise it is safe and with minimal cost. There are numerous cloud computing applications available for free, such as Dropbox, and increasing storage size and memory is affordable.