Marks & Spencer is one of the largest distributor in the UK. There are 300 companies that own Marks & Spencer shops in the market. These shops retails gifts, clothing, footwear, furnishes, and foods and many others items are retailed by the Marks & Spencer.
This company is also belonging and directing about approximately 100 M&S Stores in Europe, Hong Kong, and Canada.
Marks & Spencer is offering their customers financial services like credit cards, loans, investments, life-insurance and so on.
Marks & Spencer is trying to make every moment special for their customers through their qualities own food brands, home products, and clothing.
Marks & Spencer is offering 1,433 shops/stores worldwide and also online.
Chairman of Marks & Spencer is Archie Norman. He became the chairman in September 2017.
He has a extensive track record in retails and brands.
Marks & Spencer was formed in 1884.In 1894 Marks went into partnership with Thomas
Spencer, a former cashier from the wholesale company,
In 1904 Marks & Spencer opened their first shop in a
covered arcade in Leeds.
• In 1931 a food department was introduced, selling produce and canned goods.
In 1948 M&S launched its own Food Technology department to work closely with suppliers, producers and farmers.
The same year saw M&S’s “Operation Simplification”, which reduced internal paperwork by 25million items per year.
• In 1974 Indian and Chinese foods were introduced.
• In 1975 the first stores opened in continental Europe in France and Belgium. • In 1985 our Chargecard was launched.
• In 1986 we opened our first edge of town store at the Metrocentre, Gateshead. • In 1999 online shopping was introduced via our website.
• In 2001 the first Simply Food stores opened in Surbiton and Twickenham and the Per Una range, designed by George Davis, was launched.